Thursday, January 1, 2009

CHEERS!

We rang in the New Year as we do every year saying goodbye to one year, and hello to another. Hoping this one will be even better than the last. I always expect to wake up in the New Year feeling somehow different, but in the end it's usually just another day, with a different number to remember when writing out the checks. Even way back in 2000, nothing spectacular really happened. We woke up expecting the computers to shut down, chaos to ensue and our clocks to stop, not knowing how to respond to this crazy new millenium. What a let down (and a relief).
2006 was different. In 2006 we counted down to a year that would bring our little girl home from the NICU. Things would definitely change in our life. I woke up that morning feeling excited and ready to start as a family of 3. Much as I woke up today. Today begins a new year. This is the year that we will meet our new son or daughter. I can't tell you all how much I look forward to ending 2009 as a family of 4!
I hope all your dreams come true in 2009.

No comments: