Tuesday, October 20, 2009

COUNTING DOWN TO TAKE OFF

What goes through the mind of a mommy gearing up to fly halfway around the world to meet their son? It's a jumble of so many things, that I can't believe my mind quieted enough to allow some sleep. Checklists... worry.... excitement... disbelief... happiness... anticipation... Very very soon we will welcome this small little person into our lives forever. I think of my wedding day and the day I held my little Livija for the first time, and know that this day will rival those. One of the happiest day of our lives is right around the corner.

As I type this, Papa is making Livija her Pink Birthday Waffles. My little girl is 4 today. Four years ago was quite possibly the most terrifying and miraculous day of our lives, as Livija came into the world 14 weeks early. Here we are four years later, preparing ourselves for our next miracle. This day was years in the making and I can't quite believe it's here.

Late tonight, when most of you are sleeping we will take off in a plane for Korea. Tomorrow afternoon we will meet our son for the first time. Friday we will welcome him into our arms forever. We are very lucky to have been asked to take custody much earlier than anticipated. This will allow us time to get to know our son and to explore Seoul with him. This is a priveledge not everyone gets. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to get pictures of our boy in the country he has called home.

I'll be posting from Korea, so keep checking in!

7 comments:

sarma said...

We are so excited for you both(three). Have a great time. Don't forget your camera port so you can post pictures of Kalvis and you two in Korea ASAP:)
love
the clousers

Linda Devlin said...

You are heading into new life that we never anticipated for you those many years ago when you were born to us!
We are so proud of the woman, wife, and wonderful mother that you have become!
We wish you and Imants a safe, happy trip as you embarq on your life's journey!
We love you all..
love, mom and dad

Corey and Steve said...

This is my favorite post yet. Such sweet words from an expecting mommy. I can't wait to see the four of you together.

E said...

I have goosebumps...can't wait to read more. Wishing you a wonderful and safe trip! Hugs, E

salliesweet said...

I found you through Busted Babymaker. I have never commented before.
I am crying tears of joy for you and your family. Congratulations on your new addition!

Becky said...

I can't quite remember what I was going to say because I am just so happy for all of you and am on the verge of tears! (Happy tears!) Anyways, have a fantastic trip and enjoy your time in Korea. I can't wait to see pictures of your family all together at the airport when you return!
Happy Birthday Livi! What a great birthday present!

Anonymous said...

I am already starting to stalk the blog and I know that you are still mid-flight. I'm so happy that this day has finally arrived for you all and I'm so happy that Kalvis is about to join the most loving and fun family I know. I can't imagine how you must feel right now because, as your friend, I keep crying happy tears every time I think of your big meeting tomorrow. I just wanted to wish you the best on what is sure to be one of the most amazing days of your life. I cannot wait to see the pictures of your "cute and handsome" son strapped to his mommy and walking with his papa down the streets of Korea as you all explore together the city he was born in(and I'm crying again). CONGRATULATIONS MARCIE AND IMANTS!!!!!
Lots of love,
Janel