Sunday, October 25, 2009
Gothcha Day is known in the Adoption world as the day your child is placed in your arms forever. Our Gotcha Day was October 23rd 2009 (3pm). It was amazing. Reminds me of the day we brought Livija home from the NICU. Such a feeling of accomplishment after traveling down such a long road.
He was changed into a brand new outfit from the agency. White pants and a little white hoodie. We excused ourselves from the room as he shared a private goodbye with his foster mother. We could hear her cries from the hall. The social worker then reached for Kalvis and placed him in my arms and we were quickly whisked away. While we waited for our cab, his foster mother followed and whispered her last goodbyes through the window. Kalvis did not cry. He sat in his papa's lap looking out the cab window at the city. Then he fell asleep.
Posted by Marcie at 4:36 PM
- ► 2010 (68)
- THE BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT OF ALL
- LAST NIGHT IN KOREA
- Tomorrow is our last full day in Seoul. We're le...
- GOTCHA DAY
- SLEEPY BOY
- CRISIS AVERTED
- Our first meeting with Kalvis was wonderful. As w...
- There is so much to say, but there is a spot next...
- SIGHTSEEING IN SEOUL
- My boy rockin' the neckerchief. He's got style. ...
- It was amazing and wonderful... and I am going to...
- ON OUR WAY
- LIVE FROM SOUTH KOREA
- COUNTING DOWN TO TAKE OFF
- MAYBE TOMORROW???
- GOOD NEWS???
- HAPPY FALL!
- ▼ October (20)