Wednesday, October 21, 2009

LIVE FROM SOUTH KOREA

After a 14 hour flight we arrived safely here in Seoul. We cannot yet check into a room and the stores have not opened, so we had breakfast and are hanging out. We are exhausted but running on adrenaline. It is almost 8 am here and we will be having our first meeting in 6 hours. We are HOPING for an early check-in because I'd love to take a shower before meeting my little boy and his foster mother. If not, we rinse off in the hotel bathrooms, and make the best of it. No worries.

I really have no idea what to expect from our first meeting. My goal is to not turn into a crying mess (which is difficult because my eyes seem to constantly be brimming with happy tears). I am hoping that he is comfortable with us. I brought some treats, some bubbles and a few toys to bribe him into my arms.

I hope to post again soon...WITH PICTURES!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Such a big day for you all! Love the bubbles idea. :)

GOOD LUCK!
D

Jill said...

I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pics!
Glad you made it there safely!!

Corey and Steve said...

Thank God for the internet. Do you have any idea how difficult it is for all of us back home waiting for your updates? I am thinking of you constantly and don't think I am going to be able to sleep tonight just knowing that my nephew is being hugged by his mommy and papa for the very first time.

Anonymous said...

Yippee, you made it! I hope you get into your room soon so you can prepare to see your boy!!! I cannot wait to see pictures and will be sure to wake up early tomorrow so I can keep checking for updates!!!!!

Janel

Frannie said...

Crying and excited over here in the U.S. Seriously, thank GOD for the internet. Tonight while I sleep you'll be meeting your son! It was such a long road...and it's finally here. I can't even express my excitement. Please continue to keep us posted!!! XO!

Happy Haley House said...

i cannot wait to see pictures! i am so happy for you

Linda Devlin said...

Oh Marcie and Imants~ We have been thinking, talking and imagining where you are at this time and that time...
Corey and I kept checking Korean Air on the internet and saw that your plane arrived safely!!!
We are sooo excited for you and your first meeting in just a few hours now!!!
Can't wait for your updates and to skype!!!
Love you guys,
Mom and Dad :)