During our SKYPE chat with the family, my camera took a tumble off the table. My camera = my prized posession. The lens snapped off and my heart dropped. On our first day here, we walked by a sign that said "NIKON". I mentioned something about it, wondering aloud if we could purchase cheaper equipment here. So off we went to the Nikon store. Turns out it wasn't a Nikon store but a Nikon repair shop! I don't think they normally take customers off the street. Ten minutes and $30 later I had a perfect camera, fixed, cleaned and a bonus 1G memory card. Imants finds it quite humorous how things always seem to work out like this for me.
So today we are off for more siteseeing and more picture taking. We got out and about in the general area of our hotel, testing it out, seeing how Kalvis would do. He does well. Here is a picture after a short trip around Seoul.... such a sweet boy.
- ► 2010 (68)
- THE BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT OF ALL
- LAST NIGHT IN KOREA
- Tomorrow is our last full day in Seoul. We're le...
- GOTCHA DAY
- SLEEPY BOY
- CRISIS AVERTED
- Our first meeting with Kalvis was wonderful. As w...
- There is so much to say, but there is a spot next...
- SIGHTSEEING IN SEOUL
- My boy rockin' the neckerchief. He's got style. ...
- It was amazing and wonderful... and I am going to...
- ON OUR WAY
- LIVE FROM SOUTH KOREA
- COUNTING DOWN TO TAKE OFF
- MAYBE TOMORROW???
- GOOD NEWS???
- HAPPY FALL!
- ▼ October (20)